How to make a Rakhi?
Before starting you may check out a few tips here.
- Colorful threads
- Card stock/Cardboard
- Glitter glue
- Colorful decorative stones, beads or any other embellishments of your choice.
1. Take 2-3 or more strings of different color threads.
2. Next cut 2 circles from the card stock one being a bit smaller than the other. My small circle was about 1” you can make it big or small as you want.
3. Take the colorful decorative stones and stick them in round on the edge of the small circle.
4. Next take a thread and swirl it into a circle (shown in the pic) and glue it on the small circle inside the decoravtive stones that you pasted on it. Then paste another decorative stone in the centre.
5. Stick the small circle on the big circle in centre. I could have used one circle only but using two circles made a thick and hard base.
6. Now give outline with blue glitter glue around small circle filling up the complete space.
This is another Rakhi I made of similar type.
Hope you liked this Rakhi DIY.