Today I’m posting a Fall coaster DIY and it is very easy to make and doesn’t require much time. These coasters would make a great hostess gift this fall. Hope you like it. 🙂
- MDF circles
- 3 White papers
- Gold glitter foam sheet
- Maple leaf and circle craft punch
- Acrylic colors- White, Sparkling Yellow, Sparkling Orange and Sparkling Copper
- Flat or Foam brush
- Mod Podge gloss finish
- Take pieces of paper and color them with acrylic color and leave them to dry. I used Fevicryl sparkling orange, sparkling yellow and sparkling copper. This step can be skipped if you already have colored papers.
- Now punch the colored pieces of paper using the Maple leaf craft punch and circle punch to get small maple leaves and circles.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge using a flat or foam brush on the MDF circle.
- Paint a border on the edge of the coster with sparkling yellow color also paint a border on the back of the coaster
- Apply three to five layers of mod podge on the coaster one by one giving time to each layer to dry. This will give a protective coating to your coasters and they will be water resistant as well.
- Cut small square pieces of the self adhesive foam sheet, I used golden glitter foam sheet and paste them on the back side of the coaster. This will provide base support to your coaster.
This is a good and easy way to add up to your fall decoration at your home. I think I should make coasters for all seasons and occasions they really look pretty and instantly spice up your table for the occasion and season.